Friday, March 20, 2009

OZ Trip

It's been 5 days and I'm home-sick.
It was a really really good holiday back in OZ.
Brisbane was like home - especially back to our very own Lissner St.
Sydney was fun - rediscovering the parts of the city we missed last time.


I had abit of in-law overdose though.
Not that they were difficult. In fact, they were the easiest parents to travel with.
But I was under constant pressure to still make sure things are ok for them and of course, to share the son with them. Haha....


The highlight was of course the graduation ceremony.
A set of beeming parents and a gleeful wife watched their son/her husband receive his degree and realise his dream set out more than 10 years ago. It's not only a piece of paper. It's a promise fulfilled.

Things did not go according to plan. We had to go for the working visa because missed PR application by 5 miserable points. Have to clock 1 yr work experience to earn additional 10 points. In a way, good because it lets us evaluate plans again in a year plus.


What's for sure is that I'll be back in Brissy in May/June. This time, I have to put in the letter. People ask me why not no pay leave again? I guess it's time to really be free of moral obligations and pursue what I want. It's sad, because it's like leaving a family. But I know the friendships I've forged will always be there. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home