Wednesday, February 04, 2009

HUGE sigh of relief

I must blog this to remind myself.
NEVER ever bring work documents out of office without a proper bag.

I went for an external meeting yesterday and had to bring some documents of course.
Vanity took over practicality meant I carried a small bag + 1 file.
After the meeting, I went to a shopping centre nearby to search for a colleague's present.
I bought the gift, happy with a good buy, went home WITHOUT the file.

And by the time I realised, it was 11pm at night.
I spent a sleepless and nightmarish night thinking how the contents could fall into
some kaypo netizen and published overnight in all SG blogs. The entire public service, and my company will be put into shame and the public will question about how public officers protect confidentiality of information. I imagined the scenarios that I will be given a disciplinary letter, then handing in my resignation letter - all because of a shopping trip.

I called the shopping centre on the dot when they opened their doors.
THANK GOD that a kind soul has left the file at the cashier.
I practically jumped.

p.s: my boss laughed at my creativity in conjuring those negative scenarios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home