Sunday, October 26, 2008

These things make me smile

I had the time today to go through my treasure boxes.
2 boxes full of letters, cards, notes, autograph books that I've accumulated since Pri. Sch.
From the friendship poems "roses are red, violets are blue.." to the encouraging verses from youth group mates, each piece has captured a snap shot of my life. I'm thankful for all these memories and thankful for every friend who took their time to hand-make me beautiful cards and to write me meaningful words.
These are indeed my treasures. In this age of emails and ecards, I seldom receive a card or letter by the mail (except for wedding invitations nowadays!). The aged pieces that I now keep will perharps be antiques in their own time.
I remember the silly things that I did so many years ago.
The nicknames, the "hobbies", the places that I went.
Each memory brought a smile to my face.
And these are the things that matter to me most. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home