Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Be Nice! It's My First Donation


Whee!
I donated blood for the first time today!
My colleagues very enthusiastically chio-ed me to take part. I bravely tagged along, coz boss said she will make Milo for me when I'm done. Haha...

I had sweaty palms while waiting to go through the registration and queue. I was looking at all the brochures and terms on the registration form to find a valid reason to back out. It didn't help much when the other 2 were talking about the thick needles and the amount of blood they were going to take.
Finally it was my turn. The nurse started to take out that "blood bag" and all the needles. Jess was nice...she started making alot of jokes to distract me. The first jab was the anesthetic. Didn't feel a thing! The second jab was the thick needle. Didn't feel a thing either! Once the needle was in, oh, did the blood flow! Haha...

I was done in about 10 minutes. And no, there wasn't a layer of oil floating on top because of my hidden fats. Haha...

I'm a convert!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home