Saturday, February 07, 2009

Watch Your Language

I don't normally blog about people who pisses me off.
But this has hit my limits.

I was at SMU early this morning for the gruelling 3-hour IELTS test. Yes, the English proficiency test that one has to take if want to go Australia to stay or work or study. Well, since we're putting in the application for PR, I have to do it.


After the test, I was in the lift with a bunch of people.
The group of PRCs started complaining about the test.
One particularly loud one said something about applying for scholarships and ended her sentence with "什么狗屁李显龙奖学金“ Those who don't understand the Chinese characters, it roughly means "Lee Hsien Loong scholarship is like dog fart (direct translation)".



At first I was shocked. Then I was really furious. These people come here, take our places in Unis, take our jobs, and make these comments when our government supports them with scholarships. Who are they to make such degrading comments about our PM?!! If they look down on our scholarships and country, don't come here!



I shot her a murderous look and her friends caught the signal and notioned her to stop. If mum didn't message me at that exact moment, I would probably have lashed out at her. Pardon me from being crude, but I felt like kicking her in the ass right there and then.


I know many PRCs are nice folks and likes SG for what it is. But there are certainly black sheep like that loud-mouth who makes it real tough for us to accept them into our homeland. I'm not targeting at PRCs at large. Just those who come here just to take advantage of our benefits and have no appreciation or allegiance to the hand that feeds them.



Argh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home