Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Update

Ah...
I've been back in Brissy for exactly 1 month now.
Some might say I'm enjoying the tai-tai life, free from the stresses of work.
In week 2, I had withdrawal syndromes.
I was lethargic and don't feel like talking. I just wanted to hide in the house and not go anywhere. My record was 6 days - only went out to church on Sunday.
I missed the chit-chatter of the girls at work. I missed the challenges that I needed to deal everyday. I even missed the hustle and bustle of Singapore city life.
BUT...
It is also a fulfilling experience to be the house-maker.
Time flies fast here. By the time I'm done with some household chores, reading emails and playing restaurant city on Facebook (hee...), it's time for hubby to be back for lunch. After lunch, I make tea, pick up a good book, and the evenings just whizzes by.
I'm well-recovered from the withdrawal syndromes now. Actively looking a job and praying for a good opening that God will place me in. I want to serve in the students' community, and have been concentrating on openings in the Uni. Will see where God leads me.
And I'm back to my cooking sprees. Started baking last week, and made first attempt at making a wintery soup - Butternut squash. Tasted like pumpkin soup...but yummy though! Will try my hands at more soups this winter. Warms the stomach!
What's next? I'm packing for an overnight trip to Stanthorpe with some friends this Fri. It's one of the coldest places in QLD - perfect to taste the bitterness of winter. And when I'm back, it's on to routine job search and enjoying my books again. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home