Thursday, July 23, 2009

Back to Normal

I broke down last week, after many weeks of pent-up "act tough" pressure.
The loneliness and the "useless" feelings really got into me. I tried to affirm myself by telling everyone I'm ok and enjoying my time here, but all the time I'm losing control bit by bit.

It is abit silly.
Many people would want to trade places with me.
Being the little housewife in a nice environment. Do whatever I want, no stress.

The logical mind tells me that unemployment rate is high now, and employers naturally want to give priority to residents. With my Masters and experience, I might be over-qualified for many jobs that I've been applying.

The emotional (and ilogical) mind tells me that I'm a failure to face so many rejections and it's silly to study so much when it restricts my employability. Even working in a supermarket needs a permanent visa, which I don't have now because we're still waiting for it.

The now-at-peace mind now tells me to take things easy. We have friends who waited for more than 6 months before landing a job. There are many things coming our way in the next 1-2 years and we might have planned them, but we never know how things will work out. Until we're clearer on our visa status, I guess it is OK to wait patiently. No hurry. Don't let the kiasu Singaporean mindset kick in. :)

Time to move forward in faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home